Negative experiences in life do cause Christians to suffer low self-esteem. Dealing with trauma, loss; loss of a child, loss of a job, loss of a family, negative thought patterns, previous bad choices, unrealistic goals, body image are few of those negative experiences. This may be harder even on matured Christians. You may begin to wander and wonder; has God forgotten about me? You may even begin to ask God some questions, God why? Why did this happen to me? Why me and not somebody else? etc. At times when you are feeling low and inferior to others, you need to dig deep in the word, source out the truth and declare the word of God over your mind.
To overcome low self-esteem, fear, anxiety and insecurity, here are some of the best scriptural declarations you need to declare over yourself.
- I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, The old has gone, the new is here! (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- God is mindful of me. He cares for me. I may be made a little lower than the angels, I am crowned with glory and honor (Hebrews 2:6-7).
- God has not given me a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7).
- The temptations in my life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than I can stand. When temptations come my way, God will show me a way out so that I may be able to endure.(1 Corinthians 10:13).
- God created my inmost being; he knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise him because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; I know that fully well that his works are wonderful (Psalm 139:13-14).
- Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him (Psalm 62:5-6).
- God satisfies me when I’m weary and my soul is fully refreshed when I am fainting. (Jeremiah 31:25)