Self-confidence in Christ Jesus is the best antidote for anybody going through self-doubt. In a world where self-promotion is the norm to achieve fame and recognition, a true follower of Christ would know that this tactic only lasts but a moment. The only lasting confidence lies in Christ Jesus. And that confidence comes by hearing and hearing through the word of God (Romans 10:17). In other words, the best way to get your confidence up is by soaking yourself in the word God; Read it, digest it, profess it and live it to the fullest.
If you were to go for an interview, career coaches will tell you to speak to yourself in the mirror or talk to friends in order to build up your confidence. The same principle applies when walking into a room full of strangers; life coaches will tell you, speak to yourself before you get to the venue, walk tall, make eye contact with somebody in the room and smile so that you may appear confident. In the kingdom of God, however, you do not need to fake it till you make it, you can simply claim the truth God has said about you and believe that your confidence will shoot through the roof.
Apostle Peter warned us to be alert and sober for our adversary, the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8). The enemy of our souls will always roam around looking to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). Remember the righteous man, Job? The devil accused him falsely before God and he was allowed to test Job’s confidence in God. The enemy would want to introduce self-doubt and low self-esteem but God is available to boost your confidence in him. You need to prepare yourself for the day of trials. You need to build up your self-confidence in Christ Jesus so that you might be able to stand firm during trials and tribulations. And the best way to be prepared for anything that may come your way is to build up your self-confidence in Christ Jesus through the word of God.
Christ is a body, soul and mind healer. He is a giver and restorer of faith (1 Peter 5:10). He will shield you and give you lasting confidence. The following Bible declarations will help build up your faith in Christ if you are a new Christian and they will strengthen your faith as a matured Christian. Make these scriptural declarations your mantra every day and you will overcome the devil whenever he tries any of his tactics on you.
Make a Declaration of Faith
- The LORD is my confidence, He will keep my foot from being caught in a trap (Proverbs 3:26).
- I will draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that I may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16)
- I will be strong and courageous, not be afraid or tremble, for the LORD my God is the one who is with me, He will not fail me or forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:6).
- I can do all things through Him who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).
- And I am certain that God, who began the good work within me, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns (Philippians 1:6).
- I have been justified by faith, therefore, I have peace with God through my Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1).