Are you at peace with God or do you hold God responsible for the hurt, the heartache or the sufferings of the world? Anybody who does not have peace with God cannot have peace with man, for God is the maker of man. Have you ever seen a product fighting its maker? It’s very unheard of. Have you also ever seen a maker who is not in love with and not proud of his creation? This is very unlikely. God loves the world that he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for its sins (John 3:16) but the world turned its back on God and murdered his son. Yet God has not stopped loving the world, for God is the maker of the world, the creator of the heaven and the earth (Genesis 1) and he is in love with his creation (Lamentations 3:22-23).
God loves you no matter what grudge you hold against him and he will never do anything to harm you. Whatever you have gone through or may be going through in hurt, in pain or in suffering is not God’s intention for you. Rather God’s thoughts and intention towards you are that of peace and not of evil, to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). Whatever negative situation you are going through today is not of God but God is willing to turn it around for your good and use it for his glory, you only need to make your peace with God.
One of the best experience of my life was when I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro with nineteen others in January 2017. Yet before that experience was a period of searching for something significant in my life and though I came back down from the mountain with excitement, that longing for fulfillment lingered until I surrendered and made my peace with God. Could you be a soul searching for significance like I was? Could you be in a phase of searching for the meaning of life whilst chasing after the wind? You may need to go back to the prince of peace (Isa. 9:6) for that fulfillment of life.
A life without Christ is full of crisis. Jesus Christ is that significance you may be seeking. He is who came to give us peace and who made peace between man and God, don’t let this resolution go to waste in your life. God is already at peace with you through Jesus, why don’t you make your peace with him? Make a claim for the peace of God in your life. Examine your heart in repentance, ask for forgiveness of sins, make a total commitment in surrender to God and make your peace with God during this lent season. ‘Tis a season to let go of all hurts and hates and embrace all hearts in peace, unity, and harmony after all.
The following Bible Declarations have been compiled to help those who may be struggling to make peace with God. May the spoken word of God renew your mind to a state of peace even as you meditate on the word, speak it into existence and pray it through into your life in Jesus name.
Make a Declaration of Faith
- Today I make my peace with God. I believe I am justified by faith, I believe I have been declared righteous by faith. I believe I have been made right in God’s sight. I am at peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us (Romans 5:1).
- I believe God just as Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness. Today I believe the truth in God’s word. I believe God loves me and that is why he sent his only son to die for my sins (John 3:16). It doesn’t matter what situation I am in or what the world proclaims, I choose to believe what God says about me and I know this will work for my good (James 2:23-26).
- I acknowledge and submit to God.I am at peace with God because And I know it is well with me (Job 22:21).
- I accept and receive the peace Christ has left for me, the peace he gives is not like the peace of this world. Therefore I receive the peace of God in my heart. My heart will not be troubled and I will not be afraid (John 14:27).
- I declare the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep my heart and mind through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7).
- Henceforth I am spiritually minded for this is life and peace (Romans 8:6).
- I am now in Christ Jesus, I am a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things become new (2 Corinthians 5:1).
- I believe in Christ the son of God. I believe he died for my sins so that I should not perish. I believe through Christ, I have inherited and I will enjoy eternal life (John 3:16).