Sometimes we hold God responsible for bad things that happen to us. We accuse him of neglecting us during difficulties. We lose our peace with God whilst demanding to know why he did not prevent that incident from happening. We blame him and we hold out on him. We turn our back on the Prince of Peace and we hold grudges with the same God who is able to turn that situation around. How then can we be healed, delivered and forgiven if we keep the doors of our hearts shut against the Prince of peace? How can he right the wrongs if we keep up the walls of our heart and sealed against his love. How can we experience his love if we keep hating, keep running, keep despising the author of peace?
Have you ever seen a product fighting its maker? It’s very unheard of. Have you ever seen a maker who is not in love with or is not proud of his creation? This is very unlikely. Whilst we fail to see what we did wrong, God is busy trying to right the wrong in our lives. Whilst we crumble under the consequences of our actions, God is stretching out his arms of comfort, ready to console us and make things better. When we fail to own up to our mistakes and we run away from our responsibilities, God is patiently waiting for us to run to him in repentance.
God is the author of peace, not confusion. You need to stop blaming God for your misfortunes. Stop blaming God for the wars and sicknesses of this world so that your peace may abound. God has your best interest at heart and he will never do anything to harm you. He loves the world so much so that he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for its sins (John 3:16). He has not stopped loving the world. He created you in your mother’s womb and he is in love with you. He is willing to right every wrong that was done to you. He is the maker of man and he desires to have peace with all mankind, so make your peace with him.
Whatever you have gone through or may be going through is not God’s intention for you. Rather God’s thoughts and intentions towards you are that of peace and not of evil, to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). If you have lost your peace in the storms of life, do not blame God for it. Instead, seek the peace of mind that only he can give and your peace will be restored. You will have peace at home and you will have peace with others around you. Whatever negative situation you are going through today is not of God. He is willing to turn it around for your good and use it for his glory, you only need to make your peace with God. No matter the grudges you hold against God, it will never change his love for you. Nothing can separate you from the love of God, not even trouble or calamity, persecution, or hunger, or destitution, or danger, nor when you are threatened with death (Romans 8:31-39).
One of the best experience of my life was when I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro with nineteen others in January 2017. Yet before that experience was a period of searching for something significant in my life and though I came back down from the mountain with excitement, that longing for fulfilment lingered until I surrendered and made my peace with God. Could you be a soul searching for significance like I was? Could you be in a phase of searching for the meaning of life whilst chasing after the wind? You may need to go back to the prince of peace (Isa. 9:6) for in him lies that fulfilment for life. You may have heard the phrase, a life without Christ is full of crisis. Jesus Christ is He who came to give us peace. He sacrificed himself to be made peace between man and God, don’t let his sacrifice over you go to waste. Make your peace with God today.
Make a claim for the peace of God in your life. Examine your heart in repentance, ask for forgiveness of sins, make a total commitment in surrender to God and make your peace with God during this lent season. ‘Tis a season to let go of all hurts and hates and embrace all hearts in peace, unity, and harmony after all.
The following Bible Declarations have been compiled to help those who may be struggling to make peace with God. May the spoken word of God renew your mind to a state of peace even as you meditate on the word, speak it into existence and pray it through into your life in Jesus name.
Make a Declaration of Faith
- Today I make my peace with God. I believe I am justified by faith, I believe I have been declared righteous by faith. I believe I have been made right in God’s sight. I am at peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us (Romans 5:1).
- I believe God just as Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness. Today I believe the truth in God’s word. I believe God loves me and that is why he sent his only son to die for my sins (John 3:16). It doesn’t matter what situation I am in or what the world proclaims, I choose to believe what God says about me and I know this will work for my good (James 2:23-26).
- I acknowledge and submit to God. I believe it is well with me because I am at peace with God (Job 22:21).
- I accept and receive the peace Christ has given me. The peace Christ gives is not like the peace the world gives. Henceforth, My heart will not be troubled and I will not be afraid (John 14:27).
- I declare the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep my heart and mind through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7).
- My mind is governed by the Holy Spirit, it leads to life and peace in Christ Jesus. Henceforth, I am spiritually minded through Holy Spirit who governs my mind (Romans 8:6).
- I am now in Christ Jesus, I am a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things become new (2 Corinthians 5:1).
- I believe in Christ the son of God. I believe he died for my sins so that I should not perish. I believe through Christ, I have inherited and I will enjoy eternal life (John 3:16).