You cannot give what you do not have. When you have peace with God, you can have the peace of mind and be at peace with others around you. The level of peace you have with God will determine your level of peace of mind. When you are at loggerheads with God, blaming him for the troubles in your life or blaming him for the troubles of this world, little will your peace be. God is the maker of man and he desires to have peace with all mankind. Have you ever seen a product fighting its maker? It’s very unheard of. Also, have you ever seen a maker who is not in love with or is not proud of his creation? This is very unlikely. God loves the world so much so that he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for its sins (John 3:16).
God has not stopped loving you. He created you in your mother’s womb. He is in love with you and he is willing to right every wrong that was done to you. No matter the grudges you hold against God, it will never change his love for you. Nothing can separate you from the love of God, not even trouble or calamity, persecution, or hunger, or destitution, or danger, nor when you are threatened with death (Romans 8:31-39). He has your best interest at heart and he will never do anything to harm you. Whatever you have gone through or may be going through is not God’s intention for you. Rather God’s thoughts and intentions towards you are that of peace and not of evil, to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). Whatever negative situation you are going through today is not of God but God is willing to turn it around for your good and use it for his glory, you only need to make your peace with God.
One of the best experience of my life was when I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro with nineteen others in January 2017. Yet before that experience was a period of searching for something significant in my life and though I came back down from the mountain with excitement, that longing for fulfilment lingered until I surrendered and made my peace with God. Could you be a soul searching for significance like I was? Could you be in a phase of searching for the meaning of life whilst chasing after the wind? You may need to go back to the prince of peace (Isa. 9:6) for in him lies that fulfilment for life.
A life without Christ is full of crisis. Jesus Christ is that significance you may be seeking. He is who came to give us peace and who made peace between man and God, don’t let this resolution go to waste in your life. God is already at peace with you through Jesus, why don’t you make your peace with him? Make a claim for the peace of God in your life. Examine your heart in repentance, ask for forgiveness of sins, make a total commitment in surrender to God and make your peace with God during this lent season. ‘Tis a season to let go of all hurts and hates and embrace all hearts in peace, unity, and harmony after all.
The following Bible Declarations have been compiled to help those who may be struggling to make peace with God. May the spoken word of God renew your mind to a state of peace even as you meditate on the word, speak it into existence and pray it through into your life in Jesus name.
Make a Declaration of Faith
- Today I make my peace with God. I believe I am justified by faith, I believe I have been declared righteous by faith. I believe I have been made right in God’s sight. I am at peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us (Romans 5:1).
- I believe God just as Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness. Today I believe the truth in God’s word. I believe God loves me and that is why he sent his only son to die for my sins (John 3:16). It doesn’t matter what situation I am in or what the world proclaims, I choose to believe what God says about me and I know this will work for my good (James 2:23-26).
- I acknowledge and submit to God. I believe it is well with me because I am at peace with God (Job 22:21).
- The peace Christ gives is not like the peace the world gives. Therefore, I accept and receive the peace Christ has given me, Henceforth, My heart will not be troubled and I will not be afraid (John 14:27).
- I declare the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep my heart and mind through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7).
- My mind is governed by the Holy Spirit, it leads to life and peace in Christ Jesus. Henceforth, I am spiritually minded through Holy Spirit who governs my mind (Romans 8:6).
- I am now in Christ Jesus, I am a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things become new (2 Corinthians 5:1).
- I believe in Christ the son of God. I believe he died for my sins so that I should not perish. I believe through Christ, I have inherited and I will enjoy eternal life (John 3:16).