A prayerful lifestyle is not exactly easy to develop as a new Christian. Not especially in this busy world and not with its four W’s and H process to abide by – Who to pray to, What to pray about, Where to pray, When to pray, How to pray, and Why pray at all? it might get confusing, mundane and difficult to carry out on a daily basis.
However, prayer is easy when we acknowledge that it is what fuels the Christian faith with a primary focus on God. Think of prayer as the fuel in that keeps the car running. Without fuel in a car, the engine does not run and you cannot use the car to your hearts content. However, if the car is filled with fuel, you can guarantee its smooth running and your confidence in it to take you to your destination stress free.
Prayer is the application of God’s truth in a Christian life. It is the master key to everything. Prayer keeps your life running in accordance with God’s standard. When you don’t pray you run the Christian race on empty and you open up yourself to the world’s devices but when you do pray your life is filled with the wonders of God.
The following Bible Declarations will help you develop a prayerful lifestyle
- Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s (Psalm 103:1-5).
- I will call to God who will answer me and tell me great and hidden things that I do not know (Jeremiah 33:3).
- I believe that I am in Christ and Christ is in me. I will abide in his words and believe that whenever I ask for anything in the name of Jesus, it will be done for me (John 15:7).
- I believe his Spirit helps me in my weakness. For I do not know what to pray for as I ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for me with groanings too deep for words (Romans 8:26)
- I believe I have been called and chosen by God to humble myself and pray, seek His face and turn from all wicked ways, so that he might hear me from heaven and forgive my sin and heal my land (2 Chronicles 7:14). Therefore I confess my sins knowing fully well that he is faithful and just to forgive my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)
- Today I cast all anxieties upon Jesus because I believe and I know he cares for me (1 Peter 5:7)
- Today I will stay in the secret place of the Most High and I will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler (Psalm 91:1-4)
- I will call upon him in the day of trouble knowing fully well and believing that he will deliver me, and I shall glorify him (Psalm 50:15).
- Henceforth I will continue to watch and pray in the spirit and I will not enter into temptation in the flesh (Matthew 26:41).