Staying in faith can be quite a struggle for new Christians if care is not taken. Begum Bilquis Sheikh was a new convert from Islam to Christianity and in her book, I dared to call him father, she narrated her story of family exclusions, community condemnations, death threats and several attempts to dissuade her from her newfound faith in Christ. Her journey to becoming a fully fledged Christian was not at all that smooth. Yet she persisted in her faith and she followed Christ with all her heart, her mind and with all her might. Had she not been convinced of her call to Christ, she would have crumbled under pressure and she would have lost her faith entirely.
A very smart and very intelligent gentleman once tried to confuse and dissuade my faith in God. Though he professed his belief in God but questioned God’s intent and authority on every level himself, with God’s grace I was able to deduce that his reasonings and arguments with scriptural quotations were nothing but philosophical. Supposing God did not make me strong in faith, his arguments could have dissuaded me from believing in God and following Christ, I could’ve been lured away from faith and who knows what could’ve happened afterwards?
The Bible says that Christians, children of God, believers in Christ, followers of Jesus Christ must “see to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceits, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ“(Colossians 2:8).
There are many people like Begum Bilquis Sheikh’s community and this gentleman in the universe with good intentions. Their aim is to convince believers of what they believe to be the truth but the truth can only be found in Christ Jesus (John 1:14). If the human reasoning is not aligned with God’s will then its only plain ideologies and philosophies of the universe. Whatever stands against your faith stands against your light and Jesus Christ is your light (John 8:12). Be wary of such teachings, search the spirit behind such ideas and check all teachings against the scripture; if they are not aligned with God’s mind, they are not of God. Be warned. Stay away from human ideologies and affirm your faith in God.
Make a Declaration of faith
- I believe in Jesus Christ, I am no longer under the control of sin, I will overcome in this sinful world ( Galatians 3:22) (1 John 5:5)
- I believe in the name of the son of God, Jesus Christ and I believe he is the son of God(1 John 5:13)(1 John 5:5)
- Since I have received Christ in my heart, I believe through him I have the right to become a child of God (John 1:12)(John 1:12)
- I believe through Jesus Christ I have eternal life and I will not perish with this world or in the world to come (John 3:16)
- Through Jesus Christ, I am no longer condemned to spiritual death, sicknesses, and diseases of this world (John 3:18).
- I believe Christ is the bread of life, therefore I will never go hungry and I will never be thirsty (John 6:35)
- I believe in Christ Jesus, henceforth rivers of living water will flow through me (John 7:38)
- I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the son of God who loved me and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20)
- Henceforth I will live by example for other believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12)
- I believe Jesus Christ is my healer and I declare that my faith has made me whole (Mark 10:52)
- I believe and I receive everything I ask for in the name of Jesus, they are mine (Mark 11:24)
- I believe I am saved and baptized through the holy spirit of Jesus Christ who lives in me (Mark 16:16)
- I believe I will see the glory of God through Jesus Christ whom I believe in (John 11:40)
- I declare Jesus is Lord and I believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead, through him, I am saved (Romans 10:9)
- I believe in my heart that Jesus is Lord and I profess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, I am justified and I am saved (Romans 10:10)
- I have been made righteous by faith in Jesus Christ, henceforth I shall live by faith and not by sight (Romans 1:17)
- I declare that I have faith in Christ Jesus my savior and I will not doubt that through him nothing shall be impossible for me (Mathew 17:20)
- I believe Jesus Christ is the resurrection and the life. I will not die but I will live with him here on earth and in heaven (John 11:25-26)
- I declare my faith and hope in God through Jesus Christ who strengthens my faith, I believe in God who raised him from the dead and glorified in him and now I am a child of God (1 Peter 1:21)
- Henceforth I will walk by faith and not by sight because Jesus Christ strengthens my faith (2 Corinthians 5:7)
- Henceforth I will be on my guard, stand firm in faith, be courageous and be strong through Jesus Christ who gives me strength (1 Corinthians 16:13)
- With God’s help, I will flee from all unrighteousness, I will pursue godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness (1 Timothy 6:11)
- Today, I resist the devil by the power of Christ embedded in me. Henceforth I will stand firm in faith (1 Peter 5:9)
- I believe I will do great things through Jesus Christ in whom I believe (John 14:12)