I remember the day my heart was broken over past sins. I was stubborn, proud, selfish, immature and I made hasty decisions. I didn’t know I was all these then but a time came when God convicted me of these sins and my heart was completely broken. I was overwhelmed by God’s mercy and how without condemnation or rejection, he steadily broke my heart for what breaks his heart. Though my sins were exhumed from deep within yet God healed my broken heart with his forgiveness and his great love.
With great grace, God reached out to me in my weakest state and steadily he peeled off the hardened layers of my heart. With great patience, God broke down the protective walls of my heart and he gave me a brand new heart. God wants to do the same for his children who are heartbroken – to give us complete healing and total freedom from the past. Your heart may have been broken over a loss. Your broken heart may have been as a result of a loss. Perhaps, somebody, you love deeply aggravated and disappointed you. Or maybe it’s as a result of your broken past – divorce, family estrangement, siblings fight, relationship dissolution. God wants to heal your broken heart and set you free.
Heartbroken Christians can find healing and comfort from God when they turn to God declaring these Bible declarations. Whatever has broken your heart can only make you a better person. And God’s grace for his children is so big it renews minds and transforms lives. He is the same God yesterday, today and forever. He has healed broken hearts in the past and he can do it again. May he heal your broken heart as you seek his face through his word on this site in Jesus name. Amen.
As you speak OUT LOUD these declarations, may God’s healing balm rub off on your broken heart and may you begin a journey to a total transformation in Jesus name. Amen.
Make a Declaration of faith
- Today I come to God with a heavy heart believing that he will give me rest. I take his yoke upon me and learn from him knowing that his yoke is easy and his burden is light. Lord, you are gentle and lowly in heart and I know you will give me rest for my soul ( Matthew 11:28-30).
- I believe that God’s grace is enough for me. His power is made perfect in my weakness. I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me (2 Corinthians 12:9).
- I believe He will strengthen me, He will help me and He will uphold me with his right hand because he is my God and he is with me, I will not be dismayed (Isaiah 41:10).
- When I pass through the waters, God promises to be with me; therefore, I believe he is with me now. When I pass through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm me; when I walk through fire I shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume me because God is with me (Isaiah 43:1).
- I may be afflicted in every way, but I shall not be crushed; perplexed, but I shall not be driven to despair; persecuted, but I am not forsaken; struck down, but I will not be destroyed. For I always carry in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in my body (2 Corinthians 4:8-10).
- God heals my broken heart, he binds up all my wounds (Psalms 147:3).
- My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever (Psalms 73:26)
- He sent out his word and heals me, he delivers me from all destruction (Psalm 107:20)
- He keeps count of my tossing; put my tears in his bottle. they are all in his book (Psalm 56:8)
- Therefore, My heart is merry. it is a good medicine to my bones (Proverbs 17:22).
- My heart is glad, my face is happy to me (Proverbs 15:13).
- My heart shall not be troubled, neither will I be afraid for my peace is in Christ Jesus (John 14:27).
- God’s plans for me is that of welfare and not of evil, to give me a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).
- God is in me; I shall not be moved; God will help me when morning dawns (Psalm 46:5).
- God is near me; I am saved (Psalm 34:18).