Christians are meant to be conformed to the image of Christ – deny self and do not take revenge for yourself when you get hurt by others. Though the human nature dictates that we fight for ourselves, it is this demon we must conquer to become Christ-like, who though hurt in every way did not retaliate, but instead, showed love to those who hurt him.
You may not have done it on purpose, but for some reasons beyond your imagination, you may have found out that you hurt other people’s feelings and you will like to reconcile this before God. Perhaps the Holy Spirit has convicted you of hurting other people’s feelings and you wonder how to go about it. The following Bible Prayer will help you to pray for God’s forgiveness and cause you to repent from hurting others henceforth.
Prayer out loud Bible Prayer of forgiveness and Repentance
- Dear God, I know nothing is hidden before you and you know all things (Luke 8:17). You search deeper within the way things appear and you watch my heart and my intentions at all times.
- I come humbly before you today asking that you forgive me for when I have not obeyed your commandment, to love others as you have loved me (John 15:12)
- Forgive me for the times when I have despised wisdom and instruction (Proverbs 1:7) and I have not done unto others as I would like for them to do to me (Luke 6:31)
- Forgive me for the times I have not been sensitive enough to the sufferings of my brothers and sisters in Christ but rather I have focused solely on my own sufferings (1 Peter 5:9)
- Forgive me for the times I have not loved my enemies and pray for those who persecuted me (Matthew 5:44)
- Forgive me for holding onto the hurts I have suffered from others and using it against my brothers and sisters in Christ (Matthew 6:14-15)
- Help me to forgive others just as you have forgiven me so that we can all be healed through your healing balm in Jesus name I pray. Amen