The devil easily targets Christians for temptations. If he could tempt Jesus the master, the author and the finisher of your faith at his most vulnerable moment, then he can and he will tempt you as a Christ-follower. The moment you declare your allegiance to Jesus Christ, you become a prey of the devil and you must pray to overcome all manner of temptations that may come your way. The devil wants to make sure that nobody slips through his nets and nobody is exempted from being tempted by the devil and his cohorts except God, his maker.
You must, therefore, as a Christian be careful, watchful and prayerful lest you fall into temptation. You must recognise the tactics of the enemy. You must be vigilant and be aware of his strategy and know the tools he uses. His strategy is to steal, to kill and to destroy (John 10:10). He wants to steal your power, your joy, your peace, your blessings and if possible for him, he wants to kill and destroy your destiny by any means necessary. And his tools are embedded in Lusts and Pride – Lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life(1 John 2:16).
Though the devil does not rest. He is always prowling, always looking for who to devour, always scheming and always watching for an opportune time to carry out his plans. Though his weapons seem irresistibly strong, your weapons of warfare overcome his strength at any time. Be ready to fight back with the weapons of your warfare.
Put on the whole armour of God which is indispensable and readily made available for you. Wear the belt of truth and the body armour of God’s righteousness, for shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to these, hold up the shield of faith in order to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God with you (Ephesians 6:10-18)
Finally, fight back with the following Bible declarations and let God do the rest for you.
Make a Declaration of Faith
- I love you O Lord, with all my heart, with my mind and with all my might. Through you, I can persevere during the trials of my faith and I am able to stand the test of time. And after all, these are gone, you will bless me with the crown of life with which you promised those who love you (James 1:12).
- Today I will watch and pray so that I am not led into temptation but when my faith is tempted and I am overwhelmed by life, I will persevere through in faith and the Lord will deliver me from all evil. (James 1:3).
- In all things, I will overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loves me (Romans 8:37)
- Today I submit myself to the Lord God of the heavens and the earth. I resist the devil and his temptations, and he flees from me (James 4:7 KJV).
- With a sober mind and vigilant spiritual eyes, I declare that I overcome the devil, the adversary of my soul who roars like a lion and walks about seeking whom to devour (1 Peter 5:8 KJV)
- Anybody who is born of God overcomes the world, I am born of God, I overcome the world and every temptation the world brings along with it (1 John 5:4).
- I will walk in the spirit and I will not fulfil the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16). I will put on the whole armour of God and I am able to stand against the wiles of the devil, I will overcome temptations (Ephesians 6:11, Luke 22:40)
- For God is faithful, He will not to tempt me beyond what I can bear. He will always make a way for me to overcome every temptation that is common to man and by his grace, I will overcome (1 Corinthians 10:13).