We all desire peace in our lifetime and oftentime we seek for it in quiet moments. We sometimes look for it in a quiet place where we can stay away from the business of life and be alone or we compensate ourselves by taking a holiday where we can gather our thoughts and get refreshed. The truth is that such peace often lasts but for a moment. However there is a peace that lasts a lifetime and it is often found in Jesus Christ.
This peace that Christ gives helps us during the storms of life. This peace that Christ gives is in abundance and it adds no sorrow to us. When you experience the peace that Christ gives, you are able to weather the storm in situations where you might easily collapse under pressure. Christ’s peace gives hope and helps us to stay afloat. He said; “I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid” (John 14:27).
It is often said that a life without Christ is full of crisis. Life will always happen. Trials and tribulations will always come. But those who accept peace through Christ will always ride the tempestuous storm. No matter how strong or how weak you are, no matter how talented or whether not so talented you may be, no matter how rich or how poor you may be, unless you accept and embrace the peace Christ gives in the storms, you will end up cracked open and broken.
During trials, some people will say, I am just trying to keep my head above waters”. As a follower of Christ, you need not try to keep your head above waters; through Christ you can confidently swim through deep waters of life. God said, “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you“.(Isaiah 43:2).
Through Christ, you can weather the storm. Through Christ, the storms in your life can become still. You do not have to struggle through the storm, Christ is with you and you will outlast the storm. With Christ, you will win and be victorious. Don’t think about the bad weather, but instead seek peace through Christ. Meditate on His promises and be strong. The sun doesn’t always have to be out to give the Lord thanks so continue to give Him praise.
Draw closer to the Lord with prayer and know that His presence is near. Be still, God will comfort and provide for you. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Peace is a gift from God and it is readily available for you. You only need to accept Christ. Accept his promises. Accept the peace he came to give the world. May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you today.
Speak out loud the following Bible declarations until your faith has been made stronger and you will see the word of God come alive for you in Jesus name.
Make a bold declaration of faith
- I declare that I have peace through Christ who overcame the world just for me. I will not be overwhelmed by trials and tribulations, rather I overcome afflictions, I overcome trials and tribulations through Christ who overcomes the world just for me(John 16:3).
- My mind is set on Christ, I make him the centre of my life and he keeps me in perfect peace. I trust in Christ solely and he keeps my mind in perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3)
- I am not anxious. I am not worried about any thing. Instead, I bring my prayer, petitions and requests to God through the name of Jesus Christ and he hears me. Hence, the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guards my heart and mind in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7).
- The Lord is my strength and my peace. He gives me strength and I am blessed with peace from heaven (Psalm 29:11)
- Today I cast all my anxieties on Jesus for he cares for me (1 Peter 5:7)
- Through Christ, I have rest for my soul. I exchange my burden for Christ’s burden and my yoke for Christ’s yoke. He is gentle and humble in heart. His yoke is easy and his burden is light. Henceforth, my soul find rest in Christ.(Matthew 11:28-30).
- I declare that no longer shall I be crushed with afflictions, no longer shall I be perplexed or be driven to despair for Christ is for me and not against me. He will not leave me nor forsake me therefore, I shall not be struck down neither shall I be destroyed and nobody shall be able to stand against me (2 Corinthians 4:8-9).
- God’s covenant of peace shall not be removed from me because of his great love and his compassion on me. (Isaiah 54:10).
- The Lord of peace himself is with me at all times, therefore, I experience the peace of God which surpasses all human understanding at all times and in every way. (2 Thessalonians 3:16).
- I devlare the prince of peace is my peace. Because of him, I abide in peaceful habitation, I live in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places (Isaiah 32:17-18) (Ephesians 2:14).
- I surrender to the Holy Spirit and ask him in the name of Jesus to take control of my mind therefore, he gives me life and peace for evermore (Romans 8:6)
- Henceforth, my thoughts are true, my thoughts are noble, my thoughts are right and pure. My thoughts are lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy, and the God of peace is with me forevermore (Philippians 4:8-9).