You may have heard the phrase, “tough times never last but tough people do”. The truth is, tough people sometimes cannot weather the storm. Tough people do collapse in the storm. Tough people do collapse under pressure. The only thing that helps people last in the storm is the hope we have in Christ Jesus and the peace Christ offers to all men. He said; “I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid” (John 14:27).
It doesn’t matter how strong or how weak you are, no matter how talented or whether not so talented you may be, no matter how rich or how poor you may be, unless you accept and embrace the peace Christ gives in the storms, you will end up cracked open and broken. It is often said that “a life without Christ is full of crisis”. Life will always happen. Trials and tribulations will always come. But those who accept peace through Christ will always ride the tempestuous storm.
During trials, some people will say, I am just trying to keep my head above waters”. As a follower of Christ, you need not try to keep your head above waters for through Christ you can confidently swim through deep waters of life. God said, “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you“.(Isaiah 43:2).
Through Christ, you can weather the storm. Through Christ, the storms in your life can become still. You do not have to struggle through the storm, Christ is with you and you will outlast the storm. With Christ, you will win and be victorious. Don’t think about the bad weather, but instead seek peace through Christ. Meditate on His promises and be strong. The sun doesn’t always have to be out to give the Lord thanks so continue to give Him praise.
Draw closer to the Lord with prayer and know that His presence is near. Be still, God will comfort and provide for you. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Peace is a gift from God and it is readily available for you. You only need to accept Christ. Accept his promises. Accept the peace he came to give the world. May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you today.
Speak out loud the following Bible declarations until your faith has been made stronger and you will see the word of God come alive for you in Jesus name.
Make a bold declaration of faith
- Christ overcame the world just for me. Through him I have peace. I will not be overwhelmed by these trials and tribulations, rather I will overcome trials and tribulations through Christ who overcomes the world just for me(John 16:3).
- My mind is set on Christ Jesus. I will trust in him solely and he keeps my mind in perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3)
- I am not anxious. I will not worry about many things. Instead, I bring my prayer, petitions and requests to God through the name of Jesus Christ and he hears me. I thank you father that you have answered me hence, I receive the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, It guards my heart and mind in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7).
- The Lord Jesus is my strength and my peace. He gives me strength and blesses me with his peace (Psalm 29:11)
- I cast all my anxieties on Jesus for he cares for me (1 Peter 5:7)
- Through Christ, I have rest for my soul. I receive the rest Jesus Christ only gives in the midst of storms. I believe Christ came to give me rest. Though I am weary and burdened, yet I will find rest for my soul in Christ alone. He is gentle and humble in heart. His yoke is easy and his burden is light. Therefore, I exchange my burden for his burden and my yoke for his yoke. Henceforth I shall find rest for my soul.(Matthew 11:28-30).
- Though I am afflicted in every way, I will not be crushed, perplexed or driven to despair. I may be persecuted but I shall not be forsaken, struck down but I shall not be destroyed because Christ is for me and nobody shall be able to stand against me (2 Corinthians 4:8-9).
- The mountains may depart and the hills may be removed, but God’s steadfast love shall not depart from me. His covenant of peace shall not be removed from me for he has compassion on me (Isaiah 54:10).
- May the Lord of peace himself give me peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with me (2 Thessalonians 3:16).
- I abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places for the prince of peace dwells with me (Isaiah 32:17-18). He Himself is my peace (Ephesians 2:14).
- Holy Spirit controls my mind and he gives me life and peace for evermore (Romans 8:6)
- Henceforth, my thoughts are true, my thoughts are noble, my thoughts are right and pure. My thoughts are lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy, and the God of peace is with me forevermore (Philippians 4:8-9).