The Message of Christ: Be HumbleNovember 19, 2018 2018-11-23 15:52
The Message of Christ: Be Humble
The Message of Christ: Be Humble
Humility is not one of the Christian character traits we often see or find in people these days. Everybody is self-centered and self-focused. In fact, the media often encourages us to take pride in ourselves, to put our best foot forward with no consideration for others, to fight for that promotion above others and to take pride in our achievements. But this is not the message of Christ.
The message of Christ is that of humility till death and Christians ought to listen and learn from this message of Christ our saviour. Christ emphatically admonished us to be humble, think less of one self, think of others first, and be the servant of all if we want to be the greatest amongst all. Christ said we must be as humble as children and as gentle as doves.
Jesus Christ himself was humble till death. He did not count himself as one with God even though he was in the form of God. He was obedient to his father throughout his ministry and not once is it recorded that he was found to be proud, boastful or arrogant. He wants his followers to do the same. Be obedient and be humble (Philippians 2:5-11).
The Christian calling into the kingdom of God isn’t that which focuses on self but that which focuses on a service to others. You are on earth not to be served but to serve others. You must get over yourself and serve where needs be( Mark 10:45).
The message of Christ is that of imitating God the father and replicating his work on earth as it is done in heaven. Jesus never did anything out of his own volition. Instead, he did things he saw his father did in order to please his father (John 5:19). When you accept the message of Christ, you must humble yourself before God the father and follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ the son so that the Lord might be pleased with you.
Perhaps you find yourself in a state where you need to accept the message of Christ on humility? The following declarations might help in setting the state of your heart right before the Lord.
Make a bold declarations of faith with me today
I declare as I step out today I clothe myself with humility and I choose to focus less on myself. I will think beyond what I want or what I need and instead I will seek to serve others in their needs. I will consider other people’s opinions and I will not walk over them. I will relate with everybody around me as Christ would want me to relate with them and I will not see myself as superior or above anybody else.
Instead I declare as I step out today I acknowledge God as the Lord of my life. I will not boast of my earthly possessions but I will live with the consciousness that everything I have are given to me by God. Henceforth, I will live my life in humility so that people can encounter God’s glory through me (Colossians 3:12).
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
What’s your situation?
Speak the Word and Change Your World
FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM
FOLLOW ON TWITTERMy Tweets
- The Power of Asking – You Have Not Because You Ask Not
- A Prophetic Prayer and Declarations for Fathers on Father’s Day
- 20 Biblical Truths to Speak Over Your Life
- 10 Scriptural Declarations to Speak Over Yourself
- God is Good by Jonathan McReynolds
- Uplifting Declarations for the Persecuted Christians
- Let’s Say The Lord’s Prayer Together
- OMG Game: Funny Quiz or Bible Quiz?
- Pray Powerful Psalms with Christians In Troubled Times
- 21 Fight this Fear Biblical Declaration to Speak Over Yourself