Speak Truth to Overcome Temptations.February 26, 2020 2022-03-24 5:24
Speak Truth to Overcome Temptations.
Speak Truth to Overcome Temptations.
One of the reasons you always fall into temptation or have fallen into it is because the tempter is after you and you haven’t spoken your truth against him yet. He wants to break you and make you a subject to his hardship, but you must overcome him. He will keep coming to tempt you until you cave in or not. That is what he does, tempt and lure people away from their faith in God (1 Thessalonians 3:5). He was subtle in his approach with Eve (Genesis 3), but not so much with Jesus (Matthew 4:1-11), Joseph (Genesis 39:1-10), King David (2 Samuel 11) or Samson (Judges 16:1-3). He was right in their faces.
If you often give in to temptation, don’t despair. The devil will always tempt you whether you are a new believer in Christ or a matured Christian. Expect temptation in your Christian journey bearing in mind that Jesus Christ was tempted after a powerful forty days and forty nights of prayer and fasting (Matthew 4:1-11). This tempter is tactical and doesn’t give up easily, but you must overcome him. He will most definitely tempt you, Christ-follower. You are only human, made of flesh and blood with no power of your own. We can’t fight the devil in our strength, but we can overcome his tactics by the word of God spoken out loud over us.
However, when you fall into or have fallen into temptation, you must forgive yourself. God knows you are human – nothing but dust (Psalm 103:4). Please do not delay in repentance, do it quickly and turn away from your sin. Then you can overcome satan by the words of your mouth, speaking boldly in faith against him and tapping into the powerful declaration of your faith in Christ Jesus. Do not kill yourself over falling into temptation if you have. Jesus has the power to live above sin, and you already have victory through Christ Jesus. Furthermore, Jesus combated the battle against temptation and won, so we now know that we also can have victory over temptations (John 16:33). The battle is already won, all we have to do is claim it!
The story of the ultimate temptation – This is an ultimate battle against temptation, that the devil would conceive to tempt purity with impurity.
The fight against temptation is not your fight alone, and you cannot win it in the flesh but through the Spirit. Jesus Christ won the battle already; you only need to claim it! This trial is a spiritual battle that you must face with the sword of the Spirit – the word of Truth. Jesus won this battle over temptation by speaking the word of God. On three occasions, the tempter tempted him, and he countered the devil’s lies with the Truth on those three occasions.
Today, speak Truth over yourself. Claim your victory over temptation and change your world for good.
(1) Today, I claim my victory through Christ Jesus over temptations. I believe the temptation of Jesus Christ was for my sake so that I could have overcome the tempter in life. Therefore, I receive the victory Christ already won for me in Jesus’ name.
(2) Today, I declare Truth over my life, and I overcome satan and his lies by word of God. I refuse to live in the lies of the devil. I now live my life in the Truth in alignment with the word of God. Only God’s word will prevail over my life henceforth.
(3) My victory over temptations is secured in Christ. It doesn’t matter how long I have to wait for; I trust in God and hold on to His promises that through Christ, I overcome temptations.
(4) I will expose the works of satan on temptations in my life and embrace living in the light of God over darkness. Darkness will not overcome my life; only the light of God will prevail henceforth.
(5) I will not dwell on my past mistakes, for Christ has already won the battle for my sake. I receive Christ’s victory for me and total restoration to my heavenly Father in Jesus’ name.
(6) Since Jesus Christ was himself tempted in the flesh, He won the victory for my sake. Hence I declare that the Lord creates a way of escape from this temptation so that I can fully grasp my victory over temptations through Christ Jesus.
(7) There is already a way of escape for me from this temptation, and I open up myself to see it so that I can have total victory in Christ Jesus.
Get new faith filled contents delivered to your inbox.
Before you go, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE in the button below. You’ll be the first to receive regular Biblical declarations and prayers suited to overcome everyday life challenges. You’ll get the opportunity to engage with the word, listen to or download them in the audio format and be a part of a growing community who are committed to changing the world for good.