Who is Jesus Christ?
Jesus Christ is many things to many people. Even though he is the Son of God and Son of man at the same time, nobody can fully know Jesus Christ unless he reveals himself to you. It’s no wonder that he revealed himself through his I am declarations. Therefore, your starting point to getting to know Jesus Christ should be the I am declarations of Jesus Christ. They’ll tell you who he is, to whom he belong and what he’s all about. Additionally, they’ll give you a glimpse into his relationship with his Father and draw you closer to him. Even if you are have been a Christ follower for many years or you are a new believer, you will at some point in life ask yourself the question who is Jesus Christ to me? Be it that you are a saint doing good like Nicodemus or living in adultery like the Samaritan woman, only Jesus can reveal himself to you fully. Even though many people know about him but don’t necessarily know his true identity. So if you are as curious as I am and asking the question of who is Jesus Christ? then you may want to start your expedition and get some answers by reading the I am Declarations of Jesus Christ. Sometimes it is difficult to answer the question who are you? and this is because you don’t necessarily know where to start or how to explain yourself. Jesus Christ is many things beyond historical facts from anybody or you can read anywhere. He is to many people a lot of things and hard to put in a box or describe like anybody else. Only He can reveal his true identity to you and if you must have a snippet into his character or nature then you should read his I am declarations. They will give you some insight into who he is, his purpose on earth and to whom he belongs. Jesus Christ is to live the abundant life here on earth and gain an eternal rest after death. He is the good news you need in life. He heals the sick, raise the dead, opens the blind eye and delivers the oppressed (Luke 4:18-19). His I AM declarations tells you the truth about him as the son of God who came to save the world. His genealogy account in the book of Matthew chapter one of the Holy Bible tells you that He was the son of Joseph from the descendant of King David of Israel, and he came from the lineage of Abraham the father of faith (Mathew 1:1). Many powerful prophesies pointing to him as the Savior of the world (Matthew 1:21), the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world (John 1:29), came into existence.
Jesus Christ is the Word of Truth that existed before the foundation of the earth. Although, conceived of the Holy Spirit to a virgin called Mary (Mathew 1:18) he is the solid foundation you need to build your faith and the way to building an authentic intimate relationship with God. This was Mary who was engaged to a carpenter called Joseph the son of David. At the time of his conception, Joseph had purposed in his heart to divorce Mary quietly since he had not been with Mary as a man would be with a woman but she was found pregnant.
Then God the father intervened. He sent his angel to talk to Joseph about Mary’s pregnancy. The angel of the Lord, presumably angel Gabriel who is the bearer of good news appeared to Joseph in a dream and told him to accept Mary in her condition because she is pregnant by the Holy Spirit.
- So here is what we know about Jesus through the Bible.
Jesus Christ is one of the Triune God. He is God who came to earth to save the people from their sins thus his his name; Emmanuel – God with us (Mathew 1:23).
- He was born as king of the Jews (Mathew 2:2).
- He was called a Nazarene as a result of his habitation at Nazareth (Mathew 1:23).
- Jesus is Christ the Messiah (John 20:31).
- Jesus is the son of God (Mathew 4:3) (Luke 1:35).
- Jesus is the one, and only son who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14).
- Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life; no one goes to the Father (God) except through him. (John 14:6).
- Jesus is the Holy one (Luke 1:35).
- Jesus is the word, the word of truth, who came from the father full of grace and truth. (John 1:14).
- In Jesus is life and that life is the light in all mankind. (John 1:4).
- Eternal life is in Jesus for those who believe in him (John 3:16) (John 5:24) ( 1 John 5:13).
- Grace and Truth came through Jesus Christ. ( John 1:17).
- Jesus is the gate; whoever enters through him will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. (John 10:9).
- Jesus is the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in him will live, even though they die. (John 11:25).
- Through Jesus you have access by faith into the grace of God. Through Jesus, you can also boast in the hope of the glory of God. (Romans 5:2).
- Through Jesus you have access to the Father by one Spirit. (Ephesians 2:18).
- Through Jesus a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body. (Hebrews 10:20).
- Jesus is the true God and eternal life. (1 John 5:20).
Leave Questions, Comments, Suggestions, and Feedback below. We love to hear from you.