Jesus Christ is the son of David, the son of Abraham (Mathew 1:1). He was prophesied to be the savior of the world (Matthew 1:21), the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world (John 1:29). He was conceived of the Holy Spirit to a virgin called Mary (Mathew 1:18).
This was Mary who was engaged to a carpenter called Joseph the son of David. At the time of his conception, Joseph had purposed in his heart to divorce Mary quietly since he had not been with Mary as a man would be with a woman but she was found pregnant.
Then God the father intervened. He sent his angel to talk to Joseph about Mary’s pregnancy. The angel of the Lord, presumably angel Gabriel who is the bearer of good news appeared to Joseph in a dream and told him to accept Mary in her condition because she is pregnant by the Holy Spirit.
- So here is what we know about Jesus through the Bible.
Jesus Christ is one of the Triune God. He is God who came to earth to save the people from their sins thus his his name; Emmanuel – God with us (Mathew 1:23).
- He was born as king of the Jews (Mathew 2:2).
- He was called a Nazarene as a result of his habitation at Nazareth (Mathew 1:23).
- Jesus is Christ the Messiah (John 20:31).
- Jesus is the son of God (Mathew 4:3) (Luke 1:35).
- Jesus is the one, and only son who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14).
- Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life; no one goes to the Father (God) except through him. (John 14:6).
- Jesus is the Holy one (Luke 1:35).
- Jesus is the word, the word of truth, who came from the father full of grace and truth. (John 1:14).
- In Jesus is life and that life is the light in all mankind. (John 1:4).
- Eternal life is in Jesus for those who believe in him (John 3:16) (John 5:24) ( 1 John 5:13).
- Grace and Truth came through Jesus Christ. ( John 1:17).
- Jesus is the gate; whoever enters through him will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. (John 10:9).
- Jesus is the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in him will live, even though they die. (John 11:25).
- Through Jesus you have access by faith into the grace of God. Through Jesus, you can also boast in the hope of the glory of God. (Romans 5:2).
- Through Jesus you have access to the Father by one Spirit. (Ephesians 2:18).
- Through Jesus a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body. (Hebrews 10:20).
- Jesus is the true God and eternal life. (1 John 5:20).