Speak the Word Whilst Waiting on God in Prayer
As a Christian, I do not expect to keep waiting on God in prayer yet keep meeting with cold silence from my heavenly father. If I ask my earthly father for a gift, he will most certainly find a way to give it to me without delay. Why then does God delay in responding to my prayers? What must I do if my patience is waning, negative emotions silently creeping in, worry, doubt and anxiety settling in? Does delayed answer to prayers mean God is not happy with me? Are there spiritual forces keeping my prayers at bay? has God not heard my prayers at all? What can I do whilst waiting on God for a response?
I saw a video once by R.Kelly titled world’s greatest. In this video, there was a young man trying to get into this great boxer’s dressing room but the bodyguard would not let the boy into the room. The boy insisted, ‘I want an autograph, I want an autograph’ until the great boxer heard the boy. He asked the bodyguard ‘what is the problem’? and the bodyguard explained that there was a boy at the door wanting an autograph. The great boxer then said, ‘let the boy in man’. The bodyguard allowed the boy into the room and the boy got what he wanted, he said his thanks and he left. Christians must be like that little boy. Never give up on praying and waiting on God for your reward will come at the appointed time.
Raising hands in prayer might not be your style but kneeling down may be more comfortable for you. Getting friends to join you in prayer may also not be your cup of tea but you can retreat and have a heart to heart with God. Whatever makes you happy, stay in a place of prayer until you have your victory. The following Bible Declarations of faith will help build up your faith in prayer and help usher you into a place of prayer that brings victory.
Make a Declaration of faith
- Father thank you for you always hear me. I am confident that as I have come to you my God, in prayers according to your will, you will hear me (1 John 5:14)
- Thank you for I believe you will be gracious to me. When I call upon you, you will hear and answer me (Isaiah 30:19)
- I believe God, you give strength to the weary and you increase the power of the weak. I acknowledge that my strength is limited in all situations and I know that you are bigger than all my troubles. Therefore, I will continue to hope in you God knowing that you will renew my strength and increase me in power. I declare that by my God, I will soar on wings like the eagles, when I run I will not grow weary and when I walk I will not faint (Isaiah 40:29-31).
- I will not worry or be anxious over any situation but I will trust God with my requests in prayer and petition with thanksgiving. I believe and I receive the peace of God which transcends all understanding to guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7)
- Henceforth I will acknowledge God and continue to seek his counsel in all situations, and he will hear me, answer me and deliver me from all my fears (Psalm 34:4)
- Henceforth, I will delight myself in the Lord; and He will give me the desires of my heart (Psalm 37:4).
- I believe that as I continue to seek God and search for him with all my heart, I will find him (Jeremiah 29:13). Therefore I will continue to seek until I find, I will continue to knock until the door is opened to me and I will continue to ask until I receive my answers (Matthew 7:8, Luke 11:9)
- I believe whatever I ask for in prayer is mine. Therefore I declare my belief in the promises of God, I believe and I receive everything I ask for in prayer today, it is mine (Matthew 21:22, Mark 11:24).
- In the name of Jesus, I ask and I believe he has answered me, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son (John 14:13).