How to Return to God After SinningMarch 3, 2016 2017-09-05 0:07
How to Return to God After Sinning
<strong>How to Return to God After Sinning</strong>
Since the time Adam sinned, sons of man have inherited death through sinning. “All men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God“Romans 3:23. Through this, everybody born of man can no longer inherit eternal life except we ask for the forgiveness of our sins, repent from sinning and follow God through his son Jesus Christ.
Simply put, we are all sinners “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us” 1 John 1:8; and God’s eyes cannot behold sin (Habakkuk 1:13). How then can we return to God? I hope the following will convict and convince you to come back to God.
1) You must acknowledge that you are a sinner. Admit your sins. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Think about it this way; when you love somebody, you expect them to be open and honest with you. When your loved ones then lie to your face, how do you feel? do you feel bad? do you feel hurt, do you feel betrayed? That’s exactly how God feels when you do not admit your sins to him.
2) Choose not to hide your sin. Have you ever thought about why David was so special so much so that God said he was a man after his own heart? (Acts 13:22). David was a sinner like everybody else. He committed the most atrocious sins on the earth. He committed murder and then he tried to hide his sin.
This story is about David and Bathsheba (2 Samuel 11). The most atrocious adultery ever committed in history. David saw Beersheba, another man’s wife and proposed in his heart to sleep with her. Bathsheba got pregnant for David from their first night together and David decided to kill Uriah, the Hittite, Bathsheba’s husband.
David thought he was hiding his sin but God exposed him. The son died and the whole world knows the story till today. Moral of the story is there is nothing hidden from God. You may have succeeded in hiding your lies for a very long time, the truth will catch up with you, one day and the consequences may last a lifetime.
3) Be honest about your sins. Be open to God. He is your father in heaven. He may chastise you but he will never condemn you. Ananias and Saphira once sold their land (Acts 4). They chose to sow the proceeds of their land to God. When they got to the man of God, they lied about the proceeds for they kept some of the money to themselves. They had a good heart but a bad attitude. Because of this character, God struck them and they wound up dead. Both husband and wife died because of lies. Do not hide your sins from God. Simple honesty will spare your life.
Telling lies is a very bad character and one of the detestable sins before God. Say a Prayer of forgiveness for telling lies and being deceitful.
4) Think it through. Break it down in every area. List it out if you must but make sure you cover each sin. Do not be like the hypocrites or the heathen(Matthew 6:5-8), be clear over what you are saying before God.
5) Say the prayer of forgiveness over sin and believe in your heart that God has forgiven you. Turn away from that sin instead, cultivate a good character. May God be with you and fulfill the desires of your heart.
Leave Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Feedback below. We love to hear from you.
Daily Bible Declarations
Daily Bible Reflections
Daily Bible Prayers
Daily Bible Meditations
Early Morning Prayer: Declare and Pray through the Bible in a year with others on Skype.
Skype Prayer: Skype id:dailybibledeclarations1
Bible Study Group: Study the Bible and fellowship together with fellow Christians. CONTACT.